The Lamb is a short film featuring Montreal artist Little Scream
This music video is constructed as a mix between a short film and a performance video. It is about passage and discovery; about wanting to both run away from home and return to haunt your old neighbourhood. Why sometimes we have to see things that move in the dark, to feel ghostly presences, and to dream of getting away. It is about calling for something that we don’t yet know the shape of.
Working with Shadow Pupeteer Clea Minaker and award winning cinematographer Stephanie Weber Biron (J’ai tuer ma mere, Les amours imaginaires), filmmaker Shannon Walsh creates an innovative video for a rising Canadian star.
Listen to Little Scream’s amazing first album, the Golden Record
LITTLE SCREAM is a writer, visual artist, and multi-instrumentalist based in Montreal.
Her first album, The Golden Record (2011) received 4.5 stars and “Album Pick” rating on AllMusic, and an 8.1 on Pitchfork, which considers it “a stellar debut…[and] a perfectly mixed bag of graceful folk, coiled pop, and expansive art rock”. NPR dubbed it “an absolutely captivating record”, including it on their Best Albums of 2011 list, and the New York Times evoked its “hints of the divine”, naming her one of the best new acts to follow at SXSW. She toured extensively with The Golden Record, playing numerous opening and headlining tours in North America and Europe.
LITTLE SCREAM is currently finishing her eagerly-anticipated second album, Dance in a Void. Once again produced with her long time musical collaborator, Richard Reed Parry (Arcade Fire, Bell Orchestre), the new album features contributions by Bryce and Aaron Dessner (The National), Sharon Van Etten, and Sufjan Stevens.
- Little Scream – Laurel Sprengelmeyer
- Direction, concept, editing Shannon Walsh
- Cinematographer Stéphanie Weber-Biron
- Puppet artistry Clea Minaker
- Art Direction Nicole Crouch
- Produced by Sarah Spring & Selin Murat
- Production Manager Samara Chadwick
- Asst Camera Ina Lopez
- Gaffer Philippe Boily
- Grip Alain Tremblay
- 1st AD Samara Chadwick
- Puppet Shadow Asst Karine Sauvé
- Data Wrangler Sean Sweeney
- Gear managers Craig Knox & Dan Froidevaux
- Driver Dan Tenveen
- Catering Melissa Simard
- Hair / Makeup Isobel Mulder
- Set Photography Susan Moss
- Asst Set Photography Mustafa Unsal
- Production Assistants Denis Valiquette, Laurence Fauteux & Nisha Platzer
- Thank you! Brasserie McAuslan & Département Caméra